One of the earliest produced pieces of Irish army insignia. This is an F.C.A. title produced in the early 1950’s and was worn by F.C.A. members in the Porlaoise area.
However the really interesting thing about this particular title is its size.
Measuring north/south the badge on sale here measures:
15.45mm (accurately measured by using scientific electronic callipers)
16.90mm is the measurement on other Portlaoise titles and this generally parallels the size range of similar 1950’s titles to the local F.C.A. units.
A rare piece of locally related Irish military history and an interesting variation!