In May of 1940 a Local Security Force (LSF) was formed in Ireland for the defence and protection of the country in the event of an invasion during World War 2. By early 1941 a new force was created known the Local Defence Force (LDF). Many of the LSF members joined the LDF which, unlike the LSF was an armed organisation.
This cap comes from this period and is in very good condition. The “CA” badge is secured to the side cap by means of a safety pin attachment. The badge itself is in excellent condition with no damage to the black enamel.
The letters “CA” on the badge is Gaelic for Na Caomhnóirí Áitiúla
For more details please look at the images.